"Oh, what a beautiful morning!"

I can still remember one of the Boy Scout dads singing that long and loud over the noises of a camp waking up and shaking out stiff joints. Though, unless my memory fails me, I don't seem to remember him singing much further into the song.

I finished another paper last night, which may (or may not) explain my lack of updates. The writing of this paper didn't feel as much like pulling teeth, so I'll credit it to a modicum of outlining and freewriting that I did before hand. Or maybe it's just that the topic interested me more.

Today is all about perserverence. It's going to be a long day, with plenty of desire to fall asleep or escape through windows. Can't give in to that impulse, however. I wonder when our concert is? I should definitely think about that...

I was suddenly and inexplicably reminded of trying to buy a hot dog in Chicago with a $2 bill. The lady behind the counter looked at it, and said, "We don't accept money like this." I couldn't imagine what she meant. Sure, it was a little wrinkled from being in my pocket, but that's not hurting anybody. Can't accept it? It says right on it, "This Note Is Legal Tender". Poor Thomas Jefferson. Perhaps someone needs to try to start the phrase "all about the Jeffersons." But that might seem to indicate the sitcom couple who finally got a piece of the pie.

Upon further thought, if I were going to print a $497 bill and put Pee-Wee Herman on it, I'd make sure to identify the note as "Legal Tender", so I guess that's not a good argument.

Comments