Annoying Technology Assimilated by Animals


On the way to rehearsal this afternoon, there was an extremely happy mockingbird outside the parking garage. No doubt the administration hires them because of the current student parking situation. Maybe because we're close to Finals.

Anyway, this jolly bird was singing his heart out, trying to do whatever it is that mockingbirds do. Only his calls were very un-natural. I distinctly heard the standard series of car alarm noises (that the most popular model must use) that often occurs during the brief time I spend in the garage. I also heard a laughably good version of a baby crying.

I would have tipped him, but I forget I'd taken all the birdseed out of my pockets.

Comments

  1. I like to piss off birds (and now's the perfect season) by imitating their calls until they get fed up with the usurper in their territory and fly off. It's funny 'cause they can't figure out where the other bird is. Life's joy really is in annoying wildlife. Unless it gores you, which sucks. True fact: more people are attacked by bison in Yellowstone National Park yearly then mauled by bears. Why? Because people think bison are like cows, but bison don't take sh*t from anyone.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment