Professional Procrastination


I needed to finish a paper before tomorrow. Historically, Mondays are slow for me, so I knew I'd probably do most of the work today. I did plan ahead by picking up my source books from the library on Sunday.

So, full of last minute deadline-ness, I woke this morning and began to clean my home. When I could no longer avoid it, I sat down at my computer and....finalized my recital program. Something ELSE I'd been putting off. Such a deadbeat with this stuff... When it finally came down to the two things I'd been putting off, I picked the easier one first. That's some fine procrastination.

I've finally finished. Well, mostly. I still need to go to the library tomorrow and verify one last source, then print it out. But then I'll be done, just in time for the deadline. It's no great piece of scholarship, I assure you. This is a prime example that if I'm not interested in the topic, it becomes a serious chore.

I did to play around with some old books. 1902 and 1893. Making my eyes water to think of all the dust I was able to get out of its pages as the paper disintegrates. It'll be a while before we replace all these old books with microfiche, or internet depositories, or electronic paper.

Comments