Three-fourths Generic American

75% General American English
10% Yankee
5% Dixie
5% Upper Midwestern
0% Midwestern


From the results of a language quiz. I suppose this makes me generally understandable, to a large portion of the population, with no significant regional dialect. I am your typical generic American. Have your photo taken with me! I wonder how I got away with growing up in the Midwest but escaping the language.

But what's really important is what I call that fizzy, sweet drink you get with value meals at McDonald's.

That's what really matters.

Comments

  1. Haha! That's great that someone bothered to waste part of their life drawing up that map! I used to call it pop when I lived in Ohio, but then when I moved to missouri people made fun of me for saying pop instead of soda, so I quickly switched. Maybe I should start calling it coke now just to irritate and confuse people. Or maybe call it speed or heroin instead of coke. I dont know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! Thank you! *gives Andy a glass of Vodka*

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm, I just noticed you're only 95% American

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, you've heard that men are from Mars? Turns out it's only about 5% Martian.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment