I met my twin....he may or may not be evil.

I made a trip to St. Louis today. As I was leaving Kansas City, I noticed that there was a green Honda following my green Honda. Behind the wheel was a guy, wearing glasses, with blond hair. He looked a lot like me. It was a strange coincidence. Perhaps everyone who's like me drives a green Honda. Or maybe he does, and all of us are like HIM. That's disconcerting.

I got passed on the highway by a small car. Came flying around, doing probably 20 MPH faster than I was and recklessly driving (car threatening to go on two wheels as he whipped around traffic). His bumper sticker said "Don't Worry: God will take care of it." I pondered the strange juxtposition of this information.

As soon as I got off the highway, even through closed windows and air conditioning, I heard the cicadas. I didn't realize I *wasn't* hearing them in Kansas until I heard them here. Strange.

My wonderful tape adapter I used with my MP3 player managed to last 3/4s of one trip home. It worked all the way back to Kansas City last time, but died halfway across the state this time. Frustrating. The sockets no longer spin, so the player thinks the tape is at the end, and kicks it out. Over and over. Darn it.

I passed by the filling station that always reminds me of the trip when I crossed the state while reading a Cosmopolitan (or Redbook, I forget). A fascinating look at the field biological research of women concerning men and concerning women. My traveling companion assured me that, Yes, the magazine was right: turtlenecks are bad, as are horizontal stripes.

I had no idea. That's two strikes, Ernie.

Comments