I *knew* I should have shook hands using protection!

This is a long day. I got up early, and I'm going to bed late. I finally had my "dress" rehearsal in my performance space. It consisted of me going inside, moving 50 pounds worth of fake easter grass and birds on wires (I have no idea what's occurring in there between now and Sunday) to get to the piano, unlocking and opening it, playing a few chords, pronouncing it fine, then re-burying it in grass.

Then it's off to another "dress rehearsal" for a friend whose recital is ALSO Sunday evening. Her story is a lot like the travails of my previous attempt at a dress rehearsal, except that instead of me already having seven or eight recitals under my belt (and so not terribly stressed), she's got none. I must have passed this particular disease to her at some point over the last couple of weeks. I really should carry a handkerchief to prevent such things.

After her piece (the one she was playing when I showed up), the assembled family and friends piled into cars and headed to a breakfast place nearby, lead by one of the custodian guys from the church, who wasn't needed at that time, and would be happy to join us, thanks for asking! A good time was had by all, with much laughing and merriment around the table. I even got to make a joke about Miss Haversham from Dickens' "Great Expectations", which satisfies my "one awkward, bookish thing to say that only one person laughs about" quota for today.

Now I'm stuck between writing blog entries and taking a nap. I think I'll do both.

Comments