Maybe it's lucky....

This afternoon, while driving on the highway to lessons, a shadow passed over me. A literal shadow, skitting across the highway. Turned out to be an airplane, on its way to or from one of the local airports. The shadow was so large, it covered most of the width of the highway.

It happens all over the world, I'm sure. How many planes are there in the air at one time? At least half of them casting shadows, it's bound to happen to everyone eventually. Perhaps it's the modern equivalent of finding a four-leaf clover. Something rare that occurs based on chance.

Of course, if you live close to an airport, it's bound to be pretty common. And I'm willing to bet that even though a four-leaf clover is lucky, a mess of planes flying over peoples houses continuously doesn't make them feel lucky.

And in the "so strange, it's true" category, did you know that a plane's shadow is the same size whether it's on the ground or ten thousand feet in the air? So the only way to guess how far that plane was above me was to see whether or not the shadow was clear or fuzzy.

Or look out my window, I guess...

Comments

  1. I did not know that.

    I'm glad you could come out last night. Here's a riddle: What do you get when you combine fun people with alcohol?

    Good times!

    Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment