A Bad Taste

On my way to teach lessons this afternoon, I stopped at a local "A&W/Long John Silvers". Even though this is part of my typical Wednesday routine, today was notable.

1. Long John Silver's new advertising slogan for one of their products (or perhaps the whole store is "Yarrr, genius!" I am reminded of the "Brilliant!" Guiness commercials, except with a pirate instead of an Irishman. "Genius" doesn't seem like a word a pirate would use. I guess "Yarrr, by Triton's beard!" is too weird for selling parmesan-battered fish pieces. Oh well.

2. I am extremely disillusioned because the root beer (pride of A&W) did not taste good today. The mix was definitely off. I poured it out and try something else. Drinking Dr. Pepper feels bizarre and vaguely adulterous. And when I drank it today at A&W...even worse!

3. This has nothing to do with lunch, but lists feel underutilized if there are less than three items. While shopping at the grocery, I noticed that they had an unintentionally humorous sign. It read:

"Fresh" Marscapone Cheese -- $4.99

Now, I don't know about you, but if fresh is in quotes, I'm thinking it's not really fresh. It just hasn't been thrown away yet. Looking at the sign next to it, for "Barnabus" Smoked Cheddar, it dawned on me that the name of the corporation was in quotes. Sure enough, "Fresh" is the name of a cheese company. Still looks pretty suspicious on a sign.

I mean, I sure wouldn't want to pay a bunch of money for something labeled a "New" Car.

Comments