Brian: "You are all individuals!"

Throng: "Yes, we are all individuals."

D.A.R.E. has failed me. I have succumbed to pier pressure.

Things I like:

-Warm laundry on a cold day
-The cold side of the pillow on a warm day
-Chocolate in the shape of things
-Polishing tarnished silver or copper
-Old textbooks (whether or not I've actually taken the class)
-Modern Campouts (i.e. spending nights away from home with friends and room service)
-Old-Fashioned Campouts (i.e. you can shower in ten days, now drink your Kling-ons and check your hydration.)
-Horrifically ugly ties that put into doubt the existence of a loving God
-Winding my pocketwatch
-My extended family, with whom I am on good speaking terms
-Writing personal correspondance out longhand
-Film scripts
-Music that makes me forget thoughts of analyzing
-A joke that makes everyone laugh
-A joke that makes no one laugh but me
-A joke that makes only me and one other person laugh
-Seeing someone make a hard choice that's the correct one
-When I say something that makes me laugh because I didn't know it was coming
-People with enough self-confidence to disagree with the prevailing opinion
-Fictional settings that have tremendous amounts of "fluff" and backstory
-Well-applied technology
-Being suprised by people (not the "Boo!" kind of suprise)

I've been collecting these for a month. Expect another installment in a while.

Comments

  1. Pier pressure, eh? Thankfully, my family no longer experiences pier pressure since my grandparents got a new permanent pier. Now at thankgiving, no one has to worry about being "accidentally" pushed into the lake while taking the old pier in (as much as everyone likes the freezing lake water). Heh...okay sorry.

    Thats a great list and I look forward to the next one! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. It isn't "pier" pressure that caused all the lists. It is the desire to focus, at least for a little while, on the things that actually make life life, as opposed to a series of events. It's cathartic and heart warming to think about the things that make you happy, instead of getting overwhelmed by the bigger, more catastrophic things in life.

    If you made the list for the readers of your blog, you wasted your time. The list is for yourself, the forum is the blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment