(Less than) 55 Questions Answered

1. Is your second toe longer than your first?
No, both my feel slope from big to little toe.

2. Do you have a favorite type of pen?
Calligraphy pens. I love any kind of pen that slightly scratches along the paper

3. Look at your planner for May 14, what are you doing?
I don't think there's anything on that day. Seven months away?

4. What color are your toenails usually?
Slightly translucent, and that what color they ALWAYS are. Unless I've just stubbed my toe.

5. What was the last thing you highlighted?
I can't remember the last time. Years, certainly. I don't own any highlighters, and it's been a very long time since I've used them for anything. I thought about this when I was watching other people studying for comps and using them, realizing that I can't remember the last time I've touched one.

6. What color are your bedroom curtains?
Off-white venetian blinds.

7. What color are the seats in your car?
Um, tan. Except for the various stains.

8. Have you ever had a black and white cat?
No. Grey, orange, brown, dark brown, and so on.

9. What is the last thing you put a stamp on?
I mailed my $100 check to the symphony to secure a slot in the audition.

10. Do you know anyone who lives in Wyoming?
Nope.

11. Why did you withdraw cash from the ATM the last time?
I pulled out money from an ATM to pay for tolls on a recent trip to and from Topeka.

12. Who was the last baby you held?
I'm sure it was Alana, who may also be the most recent baby I know of. My shirt fell victim to a leaky diaper for my trouble.

13. Do you know of any twins with rhyming names?
I know very few twins, and none of them have rhyming names.

14. Do you like Cinnamon toothpaste?
I certainly don't mind it. I'm assuming this is talking about Close-up, which is the only cinnamon paste I know of. It's a valued memory from my childhood. I get taken back every time I happen to use it.

15. What kind of car were you driving 2 years ago?
The same car I currently have: my sturdy Accord.

16. Pick one: Miami Hurricanes or Florida Gators:
Neither sound like nice things to be around. And yes, I know they're sports teams, not harmful disasters.

17. Last time you went to Six Flags?
Hmm, it was a few years ago... though I can't remember the reason. I think a friend had an extra ticket. It's all been downhill since my father's old employer stopped renting out the park for a day. Such short lines!

18. Do you have any wallpaper in your house?
None. Everything is a neutral off-white. I have to compensate with wall art.

19. Closest thing to you that is yellow:
The cover of the local Yellow Pages is blue... I mean, yellow.

21. Who is the last person you wrote a check to?
A pianist, for services rendered regarding a trombone studio class.

22. Closest framed picture to you?
I have a framed print of a picture of Kylemore Abbey in Ireland.

23. Last time you had someone cook for you?
Let's see. I visited my parents last weekend, and they put fresh vegetables on store-bought pizza, but I don't think that counts. It was probably whenever I was visiting them previously.

24. Have you ever applied for welfare?
Never. Also, never unemployment. I wouldn't know where to begin, but it would probably start with internet research, which seems laden with irony.

25. How many emails do you have?
Assuming this is referring to individual emails, I have hundreds. A friend and I discovered two different ways to deal with them, as my mail tends to remain in the INBOX folder, while hers gets systematically shuffled to sub-folders relating to sender or subject. She became apoplectic when I told her my inbox currently consisted of 347 messages.

26. Last time you received flowers?
Boy, I can't recall a single specific incident in my entire life. Though, I do have a memory of a fairly recent occurrence where someone picked a dandelion and gave it to me. I don't remember when it was, though.

27. Do you think the sanctity of marriage is meant for only a man and a woman?
Wow, a heavy question! And here, I was filling this thing out to avoid heavy questions. Short answer, NO, if marriage is the civil arrangement. Long answer, SOMETIMES, if marriages are defined as the blessings of a particular religious faith.

28. What kind of milk do you drink?
I suppose it's 2%, though I only really DRINK milk with cookies or other deserts.

29. Do you play air guitar?
No, and I also don't play air trombone or air piano.

30. Do you take anything in your coffee?
Hold the cream, sugar, sweetener, milk, ... and the coffee.

31. Do you have any Willow Tree figurines?
I assume these are some sort of toy. I don't own any of these. However, I do own a celtic rune that is the glyph for willow, which represents wisdom, longevity, and acceptance.

32. Have you ever owned a Beanie Baby?
Never.

33. Last person you spoke to from high school?
I suppose that would be Matt. If we count emails, I've been in contact with several other high school friends who have recently contacted me on Facebook.

34. Last time you used hand sanitizer:
It's been years. My parents used to keep some in the kitchen, but I never really got used to using it. I don't use lotion, so it felt strange to be putting something all over my hands that I wasn't going to wash off.

36. What color are the blinds in your living room?
Same off white as are in all the windows.

37. What is in your inbox at work?
The schedule and attendance sheet for my students.

38. Last thing you read in the newspaper?
The news. I usually sit and read the paper from front to back, not counting classifieds or real estate listings.

39. What was the last pageant you attended?
Probably the Miss Webster Pageant 8 or 10 years ago. It's my hometown competition that coincides with the Fourth of July celebration. I think I had friends running.

40. Where is the last place you bought pizza from?
The grocery, frozen food isle.

41. Have you ever worn a crown?
Only the Burger King crowns. And only because people like to see how silly Andy looks in them.

42. What is the last thing you stapled?
I stapled together my exam answers right before I turned them in.

43. Did you ever drink Clear Pepsi?
If I did, it wasn't very memorable.

44. Are you ticklish?
Yep. Feet, around my waist (for whatever reason), and the roof of my mouth, which is the most statistically "ticklish" part of the human anatomy. Now you know!

45. Last time you saw fireworks?
This past Fourth of July.

46. Last time you had a Krispy Kreme doughnut?
Sometime within the two years, probably. I don't buy donuts, but on occasion there have been some at functions or other receptions.

47. Who is the last person that left you a message?
Tony Bennett! He called to tell me that he could be heard on one of the local radio stations singing Christmas music. Let me tell you, I was surprised.

48. Last time you parked under a carport?
Under a carport? I can't recall. I park each night in a garage, if that's what they're looking for.

49. Do you have a black dog?
No, nor do I have any other color of dog.

50. Do you have any pickles in your fridge?
At least two varieties.

51. Are you an aunt or uncle?
No. I do have cousins who have kids, but I don't think that makes me anything.

52. Who has the prettiest eyes that you know of?
This is a puzzle. On one hand, to really see a person's eyes, one needs to get very close to them. I don't have anyone that I regularly see that close, as that's a fairly intimate position. But the same closeness can been seen in photographs, which can be of people I've never met before. Doing a random image search of "pretty eyes" yields many eyes that are very pretty, which is a very unromantic answer, I know.

53. Last time you saw a semi truck?
I see them driving everywhere in town, and I live close to the highway, too. Also whenever I drive across the state.

54. Do you remember Ugly Kid Joe?
No. I have no idea who this is, but he had cruel friends at school. That's for sure.

55. Do you have a little black dress?
No. Though I do have a little black address which is attached to my front door. To be honest, I'm not a fan of black dresses, even though they're supposedly the Swiss Army Knife of women's clothing. It looks good on Audrey Hepburn in that iconic picture from "Breakfast at Tiffany's". Perhaps that's too high of a standard for black dress appreciation.

Comments

  1. Dear Andy. I have you beat. I have 1911 emails in my inbox. If I forget to delete them after reading them, they get buried in the mass. I recently emptied the "Deleted Items" box which consisted of 689 deleted emails. It's only 265 now, so it can pile up a little while longer.

    ps, the word verification almost read "finland"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment