Randomosity

While driving home from the university, my attention went to a fellow standing in a yard along the street. He was standing closely behind a real estate sign in the yard, and appeared to be naked. Luckily (if anything in this story can be lucky), he was wearing some shorts, but totally obscured by the sign. The most bizarre part of this is not that he would choose to stand so close to the sign. It's that he was using a boxcutter on his bicep tattoo. Perhaps he'd had a messy breakup with "Brandine".

Obviously, it's people like this that keep the rest of us safe from alien abduction. If the green men come, they're definitely taking him first.



*** *** ***
P.D.Q. Bach's Bach Portait is a fantastic piece of musical entertainment. I encourage everyone to appreciate the marvelousness that is Stephen Foster meets Aaron Copland meets J.S. Bach.

"Since, moreover, your Honor has been good enough to take great pains in my behalf, not only in the present instance, but heretofor as well, I acknowledge this with obedient thanks, and assure you that it shall ever be my greatest pleasure to call myself Your Honor's and my most especially Highly Honored Sir's most obedient servant,

Johann Sebastian Bach"

*** *** ***
As an interesting side note, did you know that Peter Schickele (the aformentioned P.D.Q. Bach) did the orchestral arrangement of the four marches from Elgar's Pomp and Circumstance for the Disney movie Fantasia 2000? Neither did I.

Comments