First, pushing hall monitors. Soon, killing babies and punching kittens!

I live in Kansas, so I'm quite familiar with the practice of judging an entire state based on the problems with a few significant areas. If you say "Kansas" and "Evolution" in the same sentence, you'll see what I mean.

Because of that and this next story, I'm not painting Texas with a broad brush. I refer only to Paris, Texas, when I say it's a backwards relic and overtly racist. This story makes me frustrated and angry at society. Fair warning to others. STORY in the Chicago Tribune.

It's about a 14-year old black girl. She enters the school building before the school opened to students in the morning. She shoves a hall monitor (a 58-year old woman). She is convicted of "assault on a public servant" and sentenced to prison for up to seven years. She's already served 10 months, and attempted to kill herself.

Months earlier, the same judge sat on a case involving a 14-year old white girl. She was convicted of burning down her families house intentionally (arson). She was given probation.

I suppose that a responsible society can't allow people young black girls to just go around pushing people. What next, anarchy?

*** *** ***

In the same article, it mentions that a 19-year old white man was convicted of criminally negligent homicide in the killing of a black woman and her grandson. His punishment is probation, and sending the family a Christmas card each year.

If someone killed members of my family, the last thing I'd want from the killer would be a Christmas card.

Comments