Out-of-measure happy

Today, someone commented on my cheerful demeanor. They believed it was excessive, in the sense that they had never recalled seeing me so happy. It made me pause! If anyone had asked, yes, I would have commented that I was having a good day. But at least one person thought it was notable; notably different, anyways.

So now the question is: what sort of attitude have I been projecting to this person? No one else said anything about it (so far; the day isn't over yet). If there is an objective change in my outlook today, I blame getting up early.

I woke up early (for me) to get to a dress rehearsal. Alarm set for 6:30 AM. Here in KC, that means it's still dark out. Stumbling through my place, I turned on all the lights in the reverse order from turning them out going to bed. Bedside, bathroom, hall, kitchen. Needless to say, I was NOT cheerful at this time. Grumpy, even.

I can't find the trail that leads from early rising to "surprising good mood," but it's the only portion of my routine that has changed this week. So, if you ever see me in an atypically good mood, you can feel free to ask if my alarm clock went off early.

Now my fear is that my day will be so long, I'll crash during the rehearsal I have tonight. Since the first show is tomorrow, perhaps people can just leave me down there if I happen to fall asleep. I'll know it's bad if even the gunshot that murders the preacher fails to break the thick fog.

Comments

  1. Thank you for getting up early and coming to the dress. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment