Schizofrantic

Strangely, I think my personality changes when I'm at work.  In the general everyday at-home times, I'm mostly optimistic.  But in work transactions, I get a bit relieved when I find out how people are going to be terrible in each transaction.

I think that must be the definition of a pessimist, and I'm kind of at a loss regarding how I can make that switch unconsciously.  Perhaps it has to do with the sheer amount of unfortunate situations I find myself in -- ones where I can't afford to be taken advantage of.

That means I have to stay on my toes, continuously guarding against the tiniest puncture of the dyke.  Maybe if I were selling "Slip 'n Slides" during some hot summer of the early 80s, I might be able to relax.  At least then, I'd know that people would be falling over themselves to lay hand to product.

Comments