My Do-Nothing Saturday

I went to bed last night at about 9:15pm, dog-weary.  Some time later, I awoke to the idea that there would be storms.  So I padded through my place, shutting windows.  Just before I fell into bed again (now secure against damp carpets), I noticed the clock:  11:24pm.  I thought for sure it had been 3:30 in the morning.


This morning, I awoke at about 5:15am and have been alternating between lying in my bed with eyes closed, inches from sleep, and awake tapping at my netbook.  I worked on a couple of blog ideas, started a response to a newly-reconnected high school friend, and was tempted by some piano sheet music (when was the last time I even played the piano for pleasure?).  I also researched the 14th Amendment and went over my calendar.

Now it's just after 10, and I have a few things on my list.  First is to catch back up on dishes.  I don't know what the laziness quotient is to have a full dishwasher just waiting to be turned on, but that's where I am.  I also need to complete the aborted laundry cycle that I started before NABBA, prioritizing to dry-cleaning and whites.

And I have most of today to accomplish it, save for the time spent giving the last Fountain City Brass Band concert of the 2009-2010 season.  And most of tomorrow, except for my friend Marja's no-doubt-will-be-awesome doctoral percussion recital in the afternoon.

-------------------------------------------------------

The funniest quote I've heard this week comes from APM's "Marketplace Morning Report", which referred to all the air travel headaches from the Icelandic volcano eruption as "a plane in the ash".  Hee hee!

Comments