Dis-connecting flights

It's right at midnight as I begin writing this.  All my bags are packed.  All the instrument stuff is taken care of.  Passport and money at the ready.  I even have my selected book: "The Portable Atheist".  Incidentally, the "portable" book could be a lot more so: it's about the thickness of the last Harry Potter story.

I think I'm ready.

  

Multiple people in the band are in various stages of illness, so hopefully I can dodge my traditional throat complaints for the length of November, even as I sit trapped in a recirculating plane air system.

I'll be traveling without my computer, but also without my phone.  Sprint phones don't inherently work on the European cellular network, and I wasn't inclined to purchase a disposable phone for the purpose.  This means the only electronic device I'm taking is my camera which (to the best of my knowledge) has no internet connection.  Luckily, my storage card will take 938 pictures before it fills.  I'll probably run the batteries dry first.

If I had tons of time, it's possible to schedule blog entries to automatically post in "the future".  I could have prepared content ahead of time that would gradually reveal itself, allowing me to provide a fix without interruption.  However, I don't have that kind of time, so this blog will effectively go on hiatus until the end of November.  I won't be adding anything whilst I'm away.

It's going to be a great trip, and if I can relax enough, I might even enjoy it.  It's already brought insanity in the wake: our U.K. tour liason retired into a stay at a mental sanitarium with a breakdown.  No wonder everyone on this side feels some stress!

I'm sure I'll have plenty of things to say when I get back.  See you all in December!

Comments

  1. Excellent Book Choice. I've been wanting to read it for a while; I think it might be the only Hitchen's book I will really like.

    Good luck across the pond.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment