I think my brain is full.

This afternoon, between the orchestra rehearsal and the wind band concert, I studied. At one point, I went to the bathroom, partially to escape the books. While enjoying the time to just sit without having to think about tri-tonal relationships and invertible counterpoint, I started playing with the sink.

I turned the water on, in a small steady stream. Barely enough for the water to hold together into a cohesive pillar. I noticed that if I put my finger in about an inch down from the faucet head, I could get the stream to break into droplets again. I played with the water for about six or eight minutes. Faster stream, weaker stream, finger in, finger out, flat palm, close to faucet, close to drain.

Not once did I consider the physics of why the water behaved as it did. Not once did I stop to think about the applications of chaos theory in determining the course of the droplets.

I just kept playing with the water, smiling like a little kid.

I realized my ability to study for theory had left for the day. Hopefully, it will return again on Sunday, because I'll need to start studying for the second exam: history.

Comments