Sublime Symphonies


At the symphony in St. Louis on Saturday evening. Attended as royalty should, sitting in a box and waving drolly to all the peons below who fawned miserably.

My friend Mr. Lange called last week and asked if I wanted to drive to St. Louis to hear the Symphony. His wife (the normal symphonic partner) was busy with other activities, so I accepted. The concert was all about horn! A symphonic suite, Mozart Concerto #2, Hindemith Concerto, and the Dvorak Symphony No. 9. Good stuff. "New World" symphony sounds much better as an orchestra piece than it did marching to in on the football field during my sophmore year of high school.

Returned to an email from Austria. I've been toying with the idea of heading there, just because. My friend casually mentions I might chose August to visit, because the weather is nice. Oh, and she's going to be married. News to me! I guess that's what happens when we don't talk for a while. Couldn't happen to a nicer person, but I must say, it caught me off guard. Do I have time to brush up on my German before August? Ich rede nur ein bisschen Deutsch.

Comments