Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Language barrier

I used the word "wherefor" and was misunderstood.

I used the phrase "wouldn't go amiss" to me that something would be welcome and effective, but everyone just blinked.

I got a brief "nobody understands you sometimes" talking to.

It hasn't been a very good week in my ever-persistent journey to use more than the bare-minimum 500 operational daily words.

Add to that list "suss", "risible", "serviceable", "candor", "gauche", "avuncular", "concomitant", "mollify", "accrete" (which I had to teach to my computer just now), "prodigal", and "furtive". 

I'm starting to see why people don't let me talk anymore.

1 comment:

  1. "foment," "mendacity," "amorphous," "orthogonal," and "congruent" have all gotten me into trouble before.

    ReplyDelete