Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Politics and Parsley

I was making oatmeal for myself this morning while I was listening to an excerpt from a political commentary show.   I reached into my spice cabinet and grabbed the cinnamon to add a few shakes just as the anchor (MSNBC's Rachel Maddow) was making her point.  While she was reaching her rhetorical crescendo, I was 99% paying attention, leaving me with 1% of my brain devoted to slowly unscrewing the cap.

I'd like to take a moment to say how grateful I am that my Italian Herb blend (in the same bottle shape as the cinnamon) contains a healthy batch of oregano and basil.  The smell immediately shocked my senses and made me aware that I was mere angular degrees away from making oatmeal alla toscana

The engrossing video after the break.  Contains a healthy dose of political opinion, so avoid it if you don't care for such dishes.
Clip from "The Rachel Maddow Show", originally broadcast on Tuesday, February 9, 2010.



Video courtesy of MSNBC.com

No comments:

Post a Comment