Pre-sleep

I'm headed to a sleep clinic this evening for overnight observation, related to the problems I've had with snoring and cessation of breathing.  It may also help out assorted tiredness and other tangential issues I may be having.

I have a few things to take care of before the appointment at 10pm, including a pack of paperwork that requests a lot of the same information at least three times.  (Name, address, SSN, allergies, etc.)

Now I'm basically killing time until I have to do the routine (that actually feels a lot like the beginning of the day routine): freshly shower, get fresh clean clothes (for sleeping), avoid the caffeine and eating late dinner.  I'm already off the food clock, and have been since 6:30.  I have a strawberry banana smoothie I'll consume about an hour before I go.

The itinerary is that I go, get hooked up to whatever they hook up, then sleep until my release at 5am.  I'm not looking forward to the early morning, but at least I can come back and take a nap.  Is that in the spirit of the thing?  I'm not sure.

They say you can bring a book, but you're basically going there to go to sleep, so I don't think I'll bother.  I'm eagerly anticipating being wired and electroded up to some beeping machines, so we'll see how I come out on the other side, having spent a night having every move recorded, videotaped, and analyzed while in an office block off one of the busiest streets in KC.

Fun? Fun!

Comments