Sushi me

While I was buying dinner tonight, I noticed that my local grocery store (Hen House!) has finally started a sushi club.  There was already a bread club (10th loaf free), a pie club (12th pie free), a salad club (7th salad free), and a club I've never paid attention to (I don't even know what it is, because my count is still zero).  The store helpfully prints a summary of each club on every receipt -- which is why all my receipts are as long as my forearm. 

Tonight I noticed they started a sushi club.  I think it's 14th package free.  I'm on number 7!  Number seven was purchased by me tonight, on what the store calls "Sushi Wednesday".  It discounts sushi two or three dollars on Wednesday.  Most likely, this is because fresh ingredients arrive on Thursday. 

My point for all this sushi talk is that it would have been unthinkable for me to say anything like the first two paragraphs at any time in my life before.  Even as late as a year ago, I had only had sushi once or twice in my life.  But I made promises to myself to branch out eating, and the sushi is a delicious part of that.  Hurray for culinary exploration!

Comments