New look on the back end

This is going to seem weird, because you won't be able to see any of the changes I'm talking about.  But just like you have to trust the guy at the on-ramp who says that Marilyn Monroe and Deng Xiao Ping are whispering sweet nothings in his ears, there are large cosmetic changes afoot in the Blogger design side.

They're not reflected up front because I've always selected the design for the blog anyway.  The composition screen for new entries is now of the spartan and white design that I associate with iPads.  It looks very clean and "Apple-esque", but it's also devoid of most color and things are VERY far away from each other on my new computer monitor and its HD-tv resolution.

I'm typing on a comically small window for text entry in the upper center of the screen.  There's at least 3-4 inches of gray space to the left, right, and below.  Having finished the previous sentence, it suddenly expanded the column to the screen bottom, allowing me to write in the approximation of column.  I can only hope that the width of this is exactly the same as the width of it on my actual published screen. For years, I've dealt with entries not quite looking like I intended.  Most of the time, it requires an addition retreat to the design screen, some tweaking, another publish, more changes, etc.  This all hopefully occurs invisibly for visitors, since I don't want people to get bogged down in update logs for each entry.   

FYI, I've just looked at the preview screen and confirmed that it still isn't quite the same pagination.  Oh well, baby steps.

In summary, everything looks white and sparse on this side.  Most likely their reason was to fall in line with the new looks of Gmail and Google Calendar.  And THEIR reason was most likely to facilitate bare-bones looks to simply tablet and phone editing.  Whatever: I can still use it just as easily, though the large amount of white does tend to annoy my eyes if I use it full screen.  I assume this is still a work in progress.

Comments