27 Odd Things

1. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what was the first thing you thought?
--"Why is my right eye slightly bloodshot?"

2. How much cash do you have on you? -- At last count, I had upwards of $87 in cash in my wallet. A byproduct of having students pay with bills.

3. What's a word that rhymes with "DOOR?" -- What an odd question. The first one that popped into my head was "floor".

4. Favorite planet? -- I suppose it would be Earth: it's where I keep all my stuff. Excluding that, I've always liked Neptune, even though I know very little about it.

5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone? -- It's a number not known to me. It came from the 604 area code, which Yahoo helpfully identifies as the area code surrounding Vancouver. I know of no one living there.

6. What is your favorite ring on your phone? -- I've only ever owned one phone (which most people find amazing) and I've only ever used one ring: Tone 4, which is an approximation of the bell from a rotary phone. I had forgotten what rings I even had, until I picked up the phone to answer this question.

7. What shirt are you wearing? -- My undershirt is the cast shirt from the Civic Opera production of "Street Scene". The overshirt is a thin fleece-like thing.

8. Do you "label" yourself? -- I suppose I do, though that label tends to change depending on what I'm doing. In a room of musicians, I'm the trombonist. In a room full of Asians, I'm the outsider. In a room full of people who dislike lima beans, I fit right in!

9. Name the brand of your shoes you're currently wearing? -- I'm currently in sock feet, but the shoes I wore today are New Balance athletic shoes, to go along with the unseasonable weather today.

10. Bright or Dark Room? -- I suppose I prefer bright rooms, but I walk to my bedroom each and every night in pitch blackness, often not bothering to turn on the light while I brush my teeth, since I know where the brush and paste are by memory.

11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you? -- I think they've never done ANYTHING for me. Mostly because I'm the first person to take this survey.

13. What were you doing at midnight last night? -- I was busy fiddling with my computer, which has decided to put up random graphical artifacts.

14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say? -- My phone doesn't receive SMS messages, but the last one anyone mentioned *trying* to send was a notice that a friend was running late for dinner.

15. Where is your nearest 7-11? -- I think there's one on Wornall. I filled up there in December when gas was at its lowest: $1.29. The other stations in the area had already risen, but the 7-11 station was lazy.

16. What's a word that you say a lot? -- "Embochure." Try as I might, there's really only so many ways one can dance around using that word in lessons.

17.Who told you he/she loved you last? -- Probably my mom. She was visiting here on Monday.

18. Last furry thing you touched? -- Probably one of the cats I visited over holiday break.

19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days? -- None. Not even painkillers or common cold pills.

20. How many rolls of film do you need developed? -- How old can this survey actually be? I haven't developed film since grade school....

21. Favorite age you have been so far? -- Thirty has been good to me so far....

22. Your worst enemy? -- Keeping my car organized. Just can't seem to do it.

23. What is your current desktop picture? -- A winter scene from Glacier National Park.

24. What was the last thing you said to someone? -- I thanked the lady who bagged my groceries this evening.

25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be? -- Flying, of course. I'm sure I'd be able to make a million bucks in advertisment after being unveiled as the only flying human. Not to mention, I'd probably save a ton of money in travel costs.

26. Do you like someone? -- Indeed. I like many people. And to avoid being overly coy, I like some people romanticall, too.

27. The last song you listened to? -- "All the things you are"

Comments